Auditory Illusions – Free Holophonic Sounds

headphones

Listen to these holophonic auditory illusions using headphones. You might also want to try closing your eyes. The way the audio was recorded creates the effect of being in a 3D environment. The sounds seem to be coming from all different directions. Try out the virtual haircut.

(Use headphones for full effect!)

Holophonic Sounds (* = Recommended)

Bell   (152 k)

*Blow dryer  (160 k)

Courtyard sounds  (1.2 mb)

Dog barking  (192 k)

Flutes in Singapore  (3.4 mb)

Frogs  (654 k)

Homeward  (1.2 mb)

Invitation  (110 k)

*Matchbox  (1.8 mb)

Oldtime song  (744 k)

River run  (980 k)

Scissors  (175 k)

**Virtual Haircut  (6.2 mb)

Vivaldi  (748 k)

Waves  (1.2 mb)

Woman’s voice   (339 k)

I’ve noticed that sometimes they have trouble loading… If this happens just refresh the page and they should work Smile

Related posts:

{ 21 comments… read them below or add one }

Jacqueline May 3, 2009 at 10:47 am

I blogged this everywhere way tooo coool!!
now all my friends are listening to it!
great find and deliver!

Sandra May 4, 2009 at 2:40 pm

That was awesome!!!

kari88 June 17, 2009 at 3:03 pm

that was super!!! thx a lot

Vikram July 29, 2009 at 8:04 am

hi, gr8 collection………..

Megan November 2, 2009 at 1:13 pm

It is wonderful — your brain cannot help but trip over itself
in a frenzy of confusion, for the sound is so realistic that it
thinks the experience is truly taking place.
I actually flinched and shivered a few times. Brilliant.

Cory February 4, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Oh my gosh, this stuff is amazing. Crazy awesome though! :P I loved every minute of these sounds and especially that virtual haircut. It is like they are in the room with me. I LOVE THIS STUFF! Thank you so much for providing for them for us!

Amber March 8, 2010 at 1:02 pm

This is so cool!I love the virtual haircut….Awesome!

Randy March 14, 2010 at 1:40 am

The woman’s voice was wonderful, wish there were more of these types somewhere online!!

TED April 3, 2010 at 9:42 pm

brillo…..i shuddered when the barber, whispered. well to be honest i jumped ,opening my eyes looking around. quite a shock to see my room again! brillo!!

Medisoft June 16, 2010 at 6:03 pm

The matchbox one sounded the coolest to me.

All were awesome though.

Matthew Mithell October 6, 2010 at 1:13 pm

There is definitely a 3D effect but the sounds all sound like they are from behind. I’d be impressed with sounds that have more frontal sounds.

ethernos February 7, 2011 at 9:34 am

it’s a real shame the bitrate is so low !

Mickey Monk February 13, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I remember listening to a demo 7″ record, yes vinyl, by sennheiser about 30 years ago. It was just like this. A woman’s voice, a church bell, birds singing etc.

The cover of the record showed a dummy’s head with a microphone in each ear.

It’s definitely not a new idea!

Ayesh March 11, 2011 at 6:26 am

That’s awesome!
Believe me, when I first hear that Virtual Haircut, I thought someone knocks my door…

hanumant March 30, 2011 at 10:36 am

great sounds!!!

m.badawi August 4, 2011 at 4:55 pm

virtual haircut really its awesome idea you feel some one do some thing in you head

Web420 September 2, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I think the voice sounds kinda like Luigi…

Akash December 9, 2011 at 11:21 am

Cool…….
Brilient.
Barbore shop is gr8

hitesh March 12, 2012 at 12:51 am

awesome yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

nick May 19, 2013 at 10:28 am

who is copyright holder? can i sample these in a song?

admin June 21, 2013 at 4:18 am

The owner of most of these is Hugo Zuccarelli. You can find his contact info by searching online.

Click to Insert Smiley
SmileBig SmileGrinLaughFrownBig FrownCryNeutralWinkKissRazzChicCoolAngryReally AngryConfusedQuestionThinkingPainShockYesNoLOLSillyBeautyLashesCuteShyBlushKissedIn LoveDroolGiggleSnickerHeh!SmirkWiltWeepIDKStruggleSide FrownDazedHypnotizedSweatEek!Roll EyesSarcasmDisdainSmugMoney MouthFoot in MouthShut MouthQuietShameBeat UpMeanEvil GrinGrit TeethShoutPissed OffReally PissedMad RazzDrunken RazzSickYawnSleepyDanceClapJumpHandshakeHigh FiveHug LeftHug RightKiss BlowKissingByeGo AwayCall MeOn the PhoneSecretMeetingWavingStopTime OutTalk to the HandLoserLyingDOH!Fingers CrossedWaitingSuspenseTremblePrayWorshipStarvingEatVictoryCurseAlienAngelClownCowboyCyclopsDevilDoctorFemale FighterMale FighterMohawkMusicNerdPartyPirateSkywalkerSnowmanSoldierVampireZombie KillerGhostSkeletonBunnyCatCat 2ChickChickenChicken 2CowCow 2DogDog 2DuckGoatHippoKoalaLionMonkeyMonkey 2MousePandaPigPig 2SheepSheep 2ReindeerSnailTigerTurtleBeerDrinkLiquorCoffeeCakePizzaWatermelonBowlPlateCanFemaleMaleHeartBroken HeartRoseDead RosePeaceYin YangUS FlagMoonStarSunCloudyRainThunderUmbrellaRainbowMusic NoteAirplaneCarIslandAnnouncebrbMailCellPhoneCameraFilmTVClockLampSearchCoinsComputerConsolePresentSoccerCloverPumpkinBombHammerKnifeHandcuffsPillPoopCigarette

Previous post: